I took a little time off this weekend declaring it my Tax Pre-Preparation Weekend. Yep, my taxes are so complex it requires prep before you prep. I long for the days when I could spend a couple of hours putting data into TurboTax and be filing taxes before Valentine's Day. The small business aspect along with the landlord and military money complications all add up to getting a professional.
I'm learning that getting my receipts in order would save me some time. I decided to sign up for a free trial of Shoeboxed to help with that. I'll let you know what I think over the next week or two.
So while I focus on taxes, why not catch up on these articles that I liked this week:
- Brip Blap asks should you have children?
- Digerati Life compares leasing vs buying a car: things to consider.
- Frugal Dad posts planning a wedding on a budget.
- Generation X Finances asks are you saving too much for tetirement?
- Million Dollar Journey holds an interview with Derek Foster.
- Money Smart Life shares the best gym membership deals.
- My Dollar Plan blogs are you a victim of lifestyle inflation?
- The Sun's Financial Diary says early retirement isn't out of reach.
Top PF Posts:
- The Smarter Wallet says avoid overspending on things you enjoy.
- Free Money Finances presents top 10 mistakes of Forex Traders.
- Saving Advice posts exercise frugality "“ how fitness can boost your bottom line.
- Canadian Finance Blog on shareholder rights: do you really have them?
- Enough Wealth compares public or private high school? - a question of fees, fees and more fees.
- Get Rich Slowly writes blogging: a demanding task with few rewards?
- Consumerism Commentary with series: life after salary.
- Hope to Prosper talks about the decline of personal responsibility .
- Yes, I Am Cheap says 30 year mortgages are for suckers.
- Moolanomy on how to become a millionaire.
- Watson Inc asks is a 15-year mortgage for everyone?
3 Responses to “Happy Tax Pre-Preparation Weekend (and Personal Finance Links)”
Next: TurboTax Online 2010 Reviewed