If you are anything like me, this whole week has been a pile of stress. I suppose that’s the nature of the game when you have 20 different 1099s from a website that has advertisingm, two rental properties, and the special tax rules around my wife’s military income. Businesses everywhere are trying to win your affection by offering all sorts of freebies. Before you get tempted by all the food-based goodies below, you might want to check out my review of the new KFC Double Down sandwich. (Yep, I just resurrected Lazy Man and Health.)
2010 Tax-Day Freebies
- Cinnabon – Tax Day Bites! Bite back with two free bite-sized cupcakes from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Looks like malls are participating, but not airports.
- Starbucks – Free coffee if you bring in your reusable mug in a push that’s more environment-related than tax related.
- MaggieMoo’s – Free slice of their new ice cream flavor… pizza from 3pm to 7pm. Yeah, you read that right. It seems that it’s more set up to look like pizza than taste like pizza. Smart moooove. (Sorry, couldn’t resist.)
- Boston Market – Buy one get one free through 4/18 with this coupon
- McCormick & Schmick’s – Dinner and drink specials for $10.40… plus they will give you a gift certificate for $10.40 on a future visit. Maybe this will offset the hatred for you tax form 1040.
- Taco Del Mar – Free taco with the coupon here. You do have to give them your email address, but you can opt out of receiving future email.
- P.F. Chang’s – Enjoy 15% off food, but not any good stuff like alcohol and happy hour deals.
- HydroMassage – Free massage Thursday through Sunday. Book your appointment ahead of time because waiting hours for a massage is stressful enough.
- Chemistry.com – Find love with a free 3-day VIP membership.
- El Pollo Loco – Enjoy a free Loco Value Menu with this coupon and purchase of a drink through Sunday… Meh.
- Subway – There are reports of a free cookie, but you may just have to go there and ask for one. Unfortunately, I can’t get in touch with my friend, a Subway franchise owner, to confirm.
- Jamba Juice – This isn’t related to tax day, but it is still buy one, get one free through 4/25 with this coupon.