I'm going to blatantly steal Peter King's shtick today. The difference is that I make no bones about thinking at least 30% less often than him, so you only get 7 things - not 10 things.
- I think that, speaking of Peter King, I'll be very happy when the World Cup is over and he can bring back his awesome football coverage.
- I think that after going to three great Red Sox-Giants games this weekend, I feel like the Red Sox do... beat-up and in need of some time off. The Sox are a hard team to figure out this year. Injuries are stacked up everywhere, but they have one of the best records in baseball.
- I think one trick about going to a baseball game is that there is often some free parking within about a mile of the stadium. We found ours for San Francisco in Portero Hill mostly by accident. I can walk a mile and half in my sleep (literally, due to my morning dog walks), so this was an easy to save money and not be constrained by the weekend schedule of public transportation (Caltrain in this case). It's also good exercise if you are going to be eating ballpark food.
- I think that trick reminds me I would like to take a minute to thank Lifehacker for linking to me this weekend.
- I think a white guy, a black guy, and an Indian guy walked into Taco Bell for lunch last week... and that's the story. Sorry if you thought there was going to be joke there - it was just a good lunch with a couple of friends of mine. I didn't even think twice about it until this morning's news talked about the Oscar Grant trial and possible riots in Oakland depending on the verdict. I wonder if somewhere MLK Jr. is smiling at the progress or still concerned about how far we still have to go?
- I think the popular song Lay Me Down by Dirty Heads' should end with the male thief getting shot (a la Rocky Raccoon). The chorus and title of the song is set up perfectly for that kind of ending.
- I think that while I was able to avoid Sex and the City, it looks like I'm going to the premier of the Twilight Eclipse this Tuesday. Actually, my wife was able to secure tickets for a pre-release an hour before midnight. At this point, I figure I'm "all-in" on the series - might as well see it through and get my survivor metal. I do draw the line at researching Twilight Eclipse Party Ideas, though.
- Brip Blap blogs on the
iPhone sickness (2010 and counting).
- Digerati Life says you can
be rich without being smart.
- Frugal Dad shows 7
ways to find services after relocating.
- Generation X Finance offers up a beginner's guide to finding and working seasonal jobs.
- Million Dollar Journey posts on choosing between higher education, loans and family.
- Money Smart Life asks what's the best way to buy auto insurance?
- My Dollar Plan writes the bill includes new student loan forgiveness program.
- The Sun's Financial Diary presents 5 famous people who beat bankruptcy.
Top PF Posts:
- Free Money Finance with the
five I's of building wealth.
- The Smarter Wallet shares how to use a can of tuna fish: great tuna dishes!
- One Frugal Girl asks do
women still want to marry for money?
- Darwin's Finance wonders with rates this low, should you be borrowing to invest?
- Well-Heeled Blog writes about guilty financial pleasure: keep your hobby on a budget and make money from it.
- Financial Mentor shares 12 retirement planning mistakes you must avoid.
- Experiment in Finance tells their biggest financial bogey in parenting so far: unexpected health costs.
- Saving Advice asks whose
assets to tap first?
- Bargaineering posts 3
ways to kill the penny.
- Own the Dollar says a bad economy can save you money with smart home remodeling.
2 Responses to “Seven Things I Think I Think (and Personal Finance Links)”
Next: Market Conversations with a Co-Worker