In keeping with the trend I started around a month ago, here are seven things I think this week:
- I think that I found a new product that's worth buying coupons on Ebay. I saw that the local military commissary has Metamucil's Clear and Natural Fiber Substitute available for $6.99 for the 11.7oz size. CVS has it on sale for $9.99 down from its typical $13.49 price. The 20-pack of $3 off coupons cost me $0.99 with free shipping. So I can get what may be considered a $13.49 product for $3.99. The question is how many should I buy before the coupon expires at the end the month.
- I think I feel bad for many people who do not have access to military commissaries to take advantage of the above deal. However, I've found that, at times, similar deals can be had at Wal-mart.
- I think that the AARP is going to be sending me some email after I wrote about saving money on Metamucil.
- I think I was a bit surprised by the national debt numbers I saw in a local newspaper. Yes, the 12.9 trillion dollar debt was eye-opening, but I was more surprised by that debt divided per taxpayer... $118,524.
- I think that the National League got a whole zoo off their back with their win on last week's All-Star game.
- I think (as long as we are on the baseball topic) that posting may be light this week as I got to 3 Red Sox-Oakland games. If any of them are like last night's game it will be a series I'll remember for awhile. I apologize if the posting is a little light over the next few days.
- I think I'm crazy for panning Apple fans for there love of all Apple products, when I do much of the same for Palm products. I don't even know what the unannounced PalmPad is going to be yet, and I want one. To paraphrase one of my friends, "It's one thing to be crazy... but at least be self-aware about it."
And here are the Personal Finance Links:
- Brip Blap presents finances are fun: 5 ways to encourage your child to embrace the spirit of enterprise.
- Digerati Life asks can you get a mortgage loan with bad credit?
- Frugal Dad reveals the secret to getting out of debt: forget snowballs and interest rates.
- Generation X Finance shares 5 frugal ways for you and your kids to spend summer vacation.
- Million Dollar Journey blogs taking vacations can make you money?
- Money Smart Life explains how your credit score impacts interest rates.
- My Dollar Plan gives 5 steps to overcoming a financial setback.
- The Sun's Financial Diary writes save and cut costs with kids.
Top PF Posts:
- Free Money Finance says giving is a complement to wealth, not a hindrance.
- Smarter Wallet offers up 5 fun food ideas for a cheap outdoor BBQ.
- Mighty Bargain Hunter blogs here's a crystal-clear signal that you can't afford to eat out. Ouch.
- Darwin's Finance asks is a security system worth it? It depends.
- Get Rich Slowly says pay yourself first with a coupon booklet.
- Grad Money Matters presents what every first time car buyer must know.
- Not Made Of Money gives 4 compelling reasons to use online bill pay.
- Money and Such asks is it OK to walk away from your mortgage?
- Money and Ning blogs about saving money on household bills.
6 Responses to “Save a Load on Metamucil (and Personal Finance Links)”
Next: Save Money on Razor Blades