I think the post office scheduled the increase in stamps around Mother's Day so everyone would focus on that. If you send out a 100 letters a year, buying those forever stamps will save you a couple of dollars. It's not a big deal, but if you find yourself at the store anyway, it's a little something in your pocket.
Here are some articles from around the blogosphere that I liked this week.
Top Posts from PF:
- My Wealth Builder blogs on surviving early retirement during the financial crisis. I had been wondering how he's been doing in the nightmare economy since he retired early.
- Debt Free 4Ever talks about why you should pay your mortgage off early.
- Dough Roller shares in Dave Ramsey Unleashed: how to apply Ramsey's 'baby steps' to grown up finances.
- One Frugal Girl asks do you save with a specific goal in mind?
- Wealth Junkies says close a credit card "” the right way!
- Wise Bread offers these 10 tips for landing an gig online.
- Bible Money Matters writes up 10 dumb ways of wasting money.
- Credit Card Watcher shares how a college student got Amex to reinstate his credit limit.
- Oh My Aching Debts looks into paying for long term care.
- Get Rich Slowly posts the miser's peril: why you should save for tomorrow AND enjoy today.
6 Responses to “Saturday Personal Finance Round-up (Get Your Forever Stamps Today)”
Next: Personal Finance Links (Mother’s Day Contest Winner Announced)