A couple of weeks ago, my friend San Francisco Boater on a fishing expedition. He had made friend with Captain Perry Kerson who does fishing charters in San Francisco. SF Boater suggested that we go out and see what fish we can catch. On this day, the quest was for some halibut. I had been out fishing with SF Boater a couple of times before and we have a history of not catching fish.
This day was different. We caught a couple of fish. One was even a halibut. Here is a picture of the first mate Mikey gutting the fish.
I have to say that I didn't like the idea of getting up early to go out on the cold ocean, but it was a lot more fun that I imagined. If you are in the San Francisco area and are looking to go fishing
And now for the personal finance links:
- Brip Blap goes over the pros and cons of being self-employed.
- The Digerati Life presents 5 frugal chicken dishes you can make out of one chicken. Yes, just one!
- Frugal Dad asks do your kids have too many toys? Be honest.
- Generation X Finance looks into flexible spending accounts: is a FSA right for you?
- Million Dollar Journey explains why the long term growth of the economy is not relevant to investing.
- Money Smart Life goes over mortgage protection insurance basics.
- My Dollar Plan asks do you have to pay taxes on unemployment?
- The Sun's Financial Diary wonders when is the right time to apply for Social Security?
Top PF Posts:
- The Smarter Wallet discusses money & relationships: people who take advantage of generosity.
- Free Money Finance says gas companies aren't selling me their credit card.
- Frugal Girl says I did NOT make a big stink over splitting the bill.
- 20s Money gives three reasons you're in terrible shape financially.
- Dr. Housing Bubble shares 5 reasons why falling home prices will be good for the economy "“ Higher homes values does not mean higher home equity, financial sector profits back up to 30 percent of all corporate profits, the mortgage debt equation.
- One Sherpa asks how can I get my employees to help me more?
- Clever Dude talks about appreciating your own financial education experience.
- Debt Kid posts some frugal hobby ideas.
3 Responses to “San Francisco Fishing Charter with Captain Perry (and Personal Finance Links)”
Next: NFL Sunday Ticket for $350 a Season? Really?!?!