Almost like a great high school guidance councilor Flexo has laid down the gauntlet to define my 2007 goals. I had been planning them in the back of my head, but it's about I put those thoughts into electrons for all to read. You will see some similarities to Jim's Blueprint for Financial Prosperity goals.
- Max out both mine and my fiancÃ©e's retirement plans. This includes her thrift savings plan and Roth IRA as well as my own 401k and Roth IRAs.
- Look into Coverdell's and 529 savings plans. While Energi Gal and I do not have children yet, there's little reason to wait. If it's not in the cards for us we could always gift it to my newborn nephew.
- Get my alternative income streams' "to go" column to $1300. I plan to reduce my costs by around $75 a month (paying down my HELOC), while raising my alternative income to $300 a month. Stretch goal: "to go" at $1000 a month
- Start a new blog on another entirely different topic. I'm going to need Energi Gal's help on this one as it's more up her alley.
- Finish development on my most recent business idea. Since I haven't started it, I don't expect any income to be made by it in the next 12 months.
5 Responses to “Planning and Goal Setting Week: Lazy Man’s 2007 Goals”
Next: How Much is a Blog Worth?