The wife and I decided to take a few days off and see some family. That led to a full day of travel yesterday, checking in our hotel (really a military base inn - much, much cheaper) at 1AM. As we are checking in, I noticed a little note that there might not be electricity from 3AM last night until 4PM today (Sunday). Of course, at that time, we'll be headed out to watch the big game with some friends. Of course, I had used up most of my cellphone battery playing games and listening to music while traveling.
Yet amazingly, I'm posting this from a hotel room with no electricity and no internet access. I brought a netbook with an aftermarket battery that gets about 12 hours of use. I've plugging my cell phone into the USB to charge and set it up as a mobile wifi hot spot. Now I'm using a fairly comfortable keyboard to catch up on any pre-game news and post this.
The point of this story? I'm amazed that I can communicate with potentially billions of people and publish what is essentially a whole (although electronic) newspaper. Yet, I can't turn on a light switch to take a shower or heat up a bowl of soup. Strange days...
- Brip Blap on how to defeat fear.
- Digerati Life writes spending too much money? 10 warning signs to watch out for.
- Frugal Dad posts 5 dangers young entrepreneurs with a job should avoid.
- Generation X Finance blogs about bootstrapping your start-up business with little or no money.
- Million Dollar Journey shares on living without a TV.
- Money Smart Life goes over organizing your finances "“ Farnoosh Torabi interview.
- My Dollar Plan says substitute, improvise, and make do with what you have.
- The Sun's Financial Diary presents the five best countries to retire to.
Top PF Posts:
- Free Money Finance asks what's an appropriate tip for poor service?
- The Smarter Wallet presents home energy savings tips: 5 ways to invest in green energy.
- Almost Frugal says tt just takes a minute to create a home inventory.
- No Credit Needed shares how I got out of debt.
- The Economic Collapse Blog posts even Donald Trump is warning that an economic collapse is coming.
- 20s Money explains why Egypt matters to you & your money.
- Mighty Bargain Hunter asks are refurbished low-end computers worth the money?
- Saving Advice busts the student loan myth.
3 Responses to “Personal Finance Links (Technology Strikes Back Edition)”
Next: Buying a Vacation/Retirement Home (Part 1 of ?)