Last night my wife and I watched Robot Chicken season 1 via our Netflix account. For those not familiar Robot Chicken is a show on the Cartoon Network’s Adult Swim. We had added it because it seems like every time we look up an actor or actress on IMDB, he/she has done a voice on Robot Chicken.
I didn’t realize at the time that it is a variety show… there’s no plot surrounding a Robot Chicken. I have to say that Robot Chicken is pretty entertaining. Maybe it’s because the skits are unrelated and many of them seem to be 30 seconds to a minute long at most. If you don’t like the current skit, wait a minute, there will be a new one.
Then again, with the cold that I have and the medicine I’ve taken, maybe anything with fast moving pretty colors is entertaining :-). Here are some personal finance articles to tide you over until tomorrow afternoon when I hope to have a new article out.
- What is the the myth of stable employment? Find out at Brip Blap.
- Learn how to deal with work stress and workplace conflict with help from Digerati Life.
- Frugal Dad writes about rent vs mortgage: calculating tangible and intangible costs.
- Generation X Finance shares his brown bag lunch experiment ““ save over $1,000 a year.
- Million Dollar Journey asks what is a GIC and is it something I want?
- Money Smart Life presents college student jobs you can work from your dorm room.
- My Dollar Plan gives 5 tips on how to avoid overdraft fees.
- The Sun’s Financial Diary talks about the first trading experience with OptionsHouse.
Best Financial Posts of the Week:
- Consumer Commentary wonders is buying a foreclosed property realistic?
- Five Cent Nickel talks about dealing with a bad deal.
- Bargaineering gives 5 green ideas for a naturally clean home.
- Financial Journey does a final recap on $100,000 in principal by Age 30 for retirement.
- Mapgirl’s Fiscal Challenge posts coin jar woes.
- Old Is New Again at Prime Time Money.
- One Frugal Girl is cashing in coins.
- The Simple Dollar explains why my net worth is now negative again.
- Understand teachers’ salaries in order to see how data can be manipulated writes the Frugal Couple.
- I’ve Paid for That Twice Already posts savings vs debt elimination: saving’s side of the story.
- Enough Wealth discusses more home improvements.
- Rich Credit Debt Loan presents introduction to mortgages in five parts.
- Money Crashers shares how to save money buying a laptop for a college freshman.
- Budgets are Sexy is calculating net worth: does home value belong there?
- Moore Thought says grow up and take responsibility! Why your friends are not yet successful.
- My Journey to Millions explains why multiple income streams are the ONLY way to achieve extreme wealth.