Blogging is usually a solo act. I write articles without a lot of input of others. However, I have a lot of digital communication with bloggers via emails, forums, and Twitter. Many of them have become much better friends than I ever had in high school. The unusual thing is that I rarely get to meet them in person. I like to say that I scatter my friends around the United States.
In the last few months, I've had the good fortune to meet a lot of my personal finance comrades. In one night, Gobankingrates.com hosted a meet-up and I got to meet PFStock, The Bag Lady, Ask Mr. Credit Card, Upside of Money, and Nerd Wallet. Last night, my wife and I got to have dinner with Jeff Rose, the Illinois CFP of Good Financial Cents and The Digerati Life and their spouses. While we knew The Digerati Life, this was my first meeting with Jeff and his wife. I had no idea how much they do, in addition to raising a family. It made me feel extremely unproductive. When it comes out in a few years that they were part of a secret government experiment to find out what happens when people don't sleep, please remember you heard it here first.
In the meantime, here is some reading from last week:
- Brip Blap says take your time seriously.
- Digerati Life on how to use stop loss orders to lock in a profit.
- Frugal Dad presents 10 side hustles to keep the wolf from the door.
- Generation X Finances wonders do you have to pay taxes on unemployment income?
- Million Dollar Journey shares top Canadian stock screeners.
- Money Smart Life writes home security system savings.
- My Dollar Plan posts budget protests and the financial impact on our family.
- The Sun's Financial Diary blogs expensive or not? A study in market value measures.
Top PF Posts:
- Free Money Finance asks what are the biggest three items in your budget?
- The Smarter Wallet goes over some pros and cons of investing in real estate.
- Journey to Millions explains why I will be purchasing life insurance on my newborn baby.
- Mighty Bargain Hunter goes over ten daily money wasters (or occasional splurges).
- Savvy Saving Bytes asks when does an internship become a slave ship?
- Frugal For Life with 5 obstacles to financial fitness.
- Bill Eater posts warning signs: don't rent that apartment!
- Gather Little by Little presents 7 financial habits of immigrants.
- Planning to Retire explains 5 ways Obama's budget will impact retirees.
6 Responses to “Personal Finance Links (Meeting Personal Finance Bloggers Edition)”
Next: One24 Scam?