Earlier this month, I said that I was exploring two new business ideas. I'd like to announce the first today. Earlier this week, I've started posting, How To Fix. I stumbled on the availability of the HowToFix.org while just doing some typical searches for cool domains. I was pretty surprised to find it available. I grabbed, put up a logo by the great Logos for Websites and found a writer to put up some content. It's my first attempt to really try to make money the Lazy way - outsourcing almost every part of it. Maybe some day I'll even write for it.
For now I'm just going to let it run advertising-free and see if I can make it a popular destination for all do-it-yourselfers.
In other news, my wife and I ran what might have been the least successful yard sale in history. It from 8AM to 2PM today. We made a grand total of zero sales during those hours. Fortunately we were about to make a sale while we setting up at 7AM and another while packing up at 2:15PM. The big problem? Our signs were too small and poorly placed. We should have listened to my mom, "Big black block letters on white board." We'll try again next week with better advertisement.
- Brip Blap says you call this a career?
- Frugal Dad writes spend money before you earn it.
- Take free investing classes at Morningstar and even earn rewards posts Generation X Finance.
- Digerati Life presents 10 web marketing strategies for online business owners.
- Here are some tips for embracing green frugality by The Sun's Financial Diary.
- Million Dollar Journey provides instructions on how to make your own wine - the process.
- Money Smart Life warns readers to avoid foreclosure rescue scams.
- My Dollar Plan discusses kids and money in Bank of Dad "“ will your kids be a client?
Great financial posts from the last week:
- Bargaineering presents 8 reasons credit cards beat debit cards.
- Consumer Commentary blogs safeguarding your income.
- Here's an interesting study on why size matters: tall people make more money at Five Cent Nickel.
- One Frugal Girl asks how large a role does income and net worth play in your propensity to save?
- Finance 4 Youth says it's official, the "recession" is over - , So why don't I feel better?
- Maybe it's because All Financial Matters is asking everyone if the economy is worse than we think.
- Get Rich Slowly writes have more by choosing less.
- Not Made of Money on decluttering your financial records.
- 7 Million 7 Years asks how much should you have saved by now?
- Debt Free Forever posts on America's thriftiest cities.
- The Simple Dollar shares The Total Money Makeover: save $1,000 fast.
- Saving Advice provides back to school shopping on a budget.
- Fiscal Fizzle posts on the top financial mistakes - money errors to avoid.
9 Responses to “Personal Finance Links (How To Fix a Yard Sale Edition)”
Next: Save Money on Car Insurance