I thought I'd recount some of the Christmas gifts I received of note. However before I get to that I have to recount the ones I gave. On the positive side, realizing that my wife had Boxing Day off to go shopping turned my numerous gift cards into one of the smartest gifts I could give. On the negative side, bungee cords, not the gift to give your wife, even if you think she could use them in various hobbies of hers. I think the positives outweighed that negative though.
I received, oddly enough for those who know me, mostly books. Of note were The Biggest Loser's Simple Swaps... I always like to see that I can exchange a piece of bacon for a pile of Canadian bacon. I also got the new Malcolm Gladwell book (expect a review in a few months when I get a chance to read it) as well as The Four Hour Workweek a book that I've had on my list for a few years. I got a few Buffy the Vampire SlayerSeason 8 comic books (the only comic books that I ready). Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, I got a New England Patriots' Snuggie (well not a real Snuggie since it's not from the company that ones that trademark). I'm now going to be pillar of fashion in my living room... or not.
Here are the links that I thought were worth checking out this week.
- Brip Blap says you know, you might be a personal finance redneck if -
- Digerati Life asks is college worth what you pay for it?
- Frugal Dad creates a a frugal diet plan for 2010.
- Million Dollar Journey writes about the tooth fairy economy.
- My Dollar Plan writes a plan now to make the most of post holiday sales.
- What are some of the best car deals for your money? Money Smart Life will tell you!
- The Sun's Financial Diary tells readers to freeze up the savings - literally.
Top PF Posts:
- A guest blogger at Free Money Finance talks about small businesses pulling an Ayn Rand or Going John Galt.
- It's Just Money exclaims"” I just overdrew my checking account!
- Get Rich Slowly posts start saving for next year's Christmas today.
- Five Cent Nickel asks can you retire with (out) a million dollars?
- Wealth...Uncomplicated shares how to get the most out of your electronics - laptop, hdmi cable, hdtv, netflix and more.
- Finance For Youth talks to the young people of America - about health care.
- All Financial Matters is bidding farewell to a crappy decade -
- Consumerism Commentary asks can you ever have enough money?
- A Private Portfolio comments on the money lessons of a lost decade by WSJ.
- The Simple Dollar shares six great FREE games to dig into over your holiday break.
One Response to “Personal Finance Links (Christmas Gifts Edition)”
Next: Good Riddance to Unwanted Gifts