I'm feeling 10% more Lazy than usual this Sunday, so here are 9 things I'm thinking...
- September 11 - I think that so many words will be said and written about 9/11 today that I don't have to add, but I will say one thing. I think that the the States were never more United after that day. They had this die hard Red Sox fan rooting for the Yankees to win the World Series thinking, "In the grand scheme it isn't much, but it's something for those in New York."
- The Script's For The First Time - I think I get a little choked up every time I hear this song. Personal finance can get boring at times, but the lyrics add emotion and makes me realize that it changes lives.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card For the Win - I think I'm mostly through the way of spending the $3000 in three months to get $500 in cash back
- Super Bowl Picks - I think the four best teams when the dust settles will be the Steelers, Patriots, Packers and Eagles. As a Patriots' fan, they win the tie-breaker and I'll put them up against the Eagles.
- MLM Article of the Week - I think that those who are interested in looking into MLM should read about The MLM Gas Station and $8/Gallon Gas. It's an article that I wrote earlier this week.
- 8500 Words and No Lazy Man Articles - That article above was part of over 8700 that I wrote on Friday. That's the equivalent of more than 15 articles on Lazy Man and Money. Yet I didn't publish a new article. Just another day of trying to educate people about the lies that are told by many in the MLM industry in an effort to make money.
- Getting Years Older Every Week - A couple of weeks I was shocked to find that "Come On Eileen" from 1982 counted was played on my local Oldies channel. On Thursday, I heard Love Shack from 1989. By next month, they'll probably be playing The Eels. It's been awhile since I heard "Novocaine for the Soul."
- House M.D. - I think I'm glad that I stopped watching the show somewhere around theh 5th season. I just saw a promo that had House in prison. That puts in line to join the circus in a couple of years, right?
- NFL Sunday Ticket - I think that despite my article, NFL Sunday Ticket for $350 a Season? Really?!?!, there's a better than average chance that I'll be ponying up the money. However, with the Patriots having many games on national television, I'll have to crunch the math a bit.
And now for the personal finance links (a little older than usual):
- Brip Blap with a letter from Russia, 1996.
- Digerati Life posts how to manage your time as a busy entrepreneur.
- Frugal Dad discusses the ad style no payment for 90 days – delaying ownership of things you cannot afford.
- Generation X Finance shares 6 funds to hedge against a recession.
- Million Dollar Journey gives 5 tips for buying your dream house in a seller’s market.
- Money Smart Life goes over 10 money mistakes to avoid.
- Here are some tips for taking a practical vacation from My Dollar Plan.
- The Sun’s Financial Diary says Social Security to take a hit in debt resolution.
Top PF Posts:
- Free Money Finance presents how to maximize your lifetime earnings.
- My Journey to Million on getting into real estate – what is ‘errors and omissions’?
- PT Money offers some tips on how to change your bad money habits.
- Carnival of Personal Finance asks about stress spending: are your finances driven by emotion?
- Debt Sucks says I quit smoking? I quit smoking!
- Not Made of Money gives 3 tips for getting the best deal on your auto insurance
- Scott on MONEY explains why you should stick to investing in what you know
- Free Money Wisdom presents 13 part-time jobs with benefits
- One Frugal Girl says a new baby spurs the need for estate planning
- Saving Advice says pretend you have a different life: strange ways to save money
3 Responses to “Nine Things I Think I Think (and Personal Finance Links)”
Next: Plan Ahead to Take Advantage of a Recession