This was a big weekend in Boston sports. With the Red Sox – Yankees playing and Celtics and Bruins seasons still going on… all the teams had some logs in the fire. Oh, I forgot to mention the Patriots. They entered the draft with 11 picks. They proceed to wheel and deal. They traded down in some cases and up in other cases. In the end, it seemed like Bill Belichick got great value for every pick. A couple of times he traded a third round pick for a 2nd round pick next year. In other cases he traded the #23 pick (which requires a little dough to sign) back to #41 (which requires quite a bit less) and picked the same player that everyone predicted they’d take at #23. In that process they added a few more picks.
All in all, after adding four 2nd round picks and setting themselves up for 3 more 2nd round picks next year, they are looking pretty good to play at a high level for years. Then again, I think fans of a lot of teams are pretty happy, it will be fun to watch how things play out over the years.
Enough sports-talk for now, let’s get to some personal finance links…
- Brip Blap discusses the real meaning of risk.
- Frugal Dad declares I have had enough!
- Generation X Finance writes a Supreme Court case highlights the importance of keeping your beneficiaries up to date.
- Million Dollar Journey asks do you plan to leave anything behind?
- Learn how to make cheap phone calls and lower your phone bill written by Digerati Life.
- Take a look into IRA vs Roth IRA by Money Smart Life.
- My Dollar Plan posts 16 second quarter financial tips.
- The Sun’s Financial Diary says life insurance may make better budget sense than you think.
More Finance Posts: