It's the middle of the month and as regular readers know, that net worth calculating time! This past month was an interesting one and many factors contributed to fuel record growth.
- With my forced resignation, I collected a severance check which gave the numbers a boost.
- The stock market still loves the Federal Reserve's rate cut. That, along with some minor contributions boosted the amount in my retirement accounts by $12,000. I now have over $120,000 saved for retirement.
- I paid off my HELOC! That's an exciting development and as a result my estimated home equity rose from around $50,000 to $55,000.
- My cash, cash equivalents and possessions are closing in near $50,000.
- My Prosper.com account rose above $9,300 as I continue to reinvest payments from other loans.
It all adds up to my net worth growing from around $210,603 to $229,685. Next month is going to be even more interesting than this one. For one, I currently won't be bringing in an income outside of blogging. For two, I'll be overseas for a couple of weeks on my honeymoon, surely spending money along the way.
4 Responses to “Net Worth Update – October 2007”
Next: Lazy Man isn’t Working and it’s Okay – a Reflection by Energi Gal