My net worth has edged up so very little this month. It grew from 0.16% from $181,501.19 to $181,787.61. Quite frankly, I'm disappointed. Upon further review there were a number of factors at play that made this happen:
- My Hawaii Trip - Though it was a relatively cheap vacation, it's still a vacatio. That meant eating all my meals out and other associated costs.
- My home value dropped - I use Zillow as I feel it's fairly accurate for my area. The drop this month of $2,000 largely eliminates much of my savings. This is okay, because I'm going to hold the home for years. Some day it will recover and I'll have a fantastic month.
- It was a Short Month - Because I get busy, I don't do my net worth at the same time each month. Last month, with the trip, I didn't get it done until the 24th.
- I think I lost money - Poof... gone... I didn't even get to spend it. When I logged into my bank, it looks like I'm getting the same amount as what I got last pay check. Typically that would be fine. However, I've bumped up against the maximum 401k for the year, so only $100 went there instead of the $1,000+. Where did the rest of the money go? I don't know, but I'll be looking at my stub later today to find out.
On the bright side:
- My retirement accounts - With new additions and general market gains, things are moving in the right direction
- My Prosper account - I was able to increase that account by 22.58% and I'm now lending over $3,000.
4 Responses to “Net Worth Update – December Edition”
Next: Paycheck Mystery is Solved