Once again, it's time for a quick recap of what I've done in the past week with regard to money:
- I have my $4000 Roth IRA sitting in my account earning money market rates. I invited you to help invest my money and I'm leaning towards iShares MSCI EAFE Index Fund (EFA). There's still time to get your advice in.
- I have done very well managing my spending. I haven't made any splurge purchases this week at all. In fact, I can't remember making any purchases at all.
- I funneled another $200 towards Prosper and I'm refining my lending practices after finding RateLadder.com. Specifically, I started with implementing a standing order, so if a great loan (by the numbers) becomes available, I'll get in on that.
- Energi Gal and I looked into how I can turn the upcoming $1400 make-up day into something less. It looks like it's down to about $1000, but I think that's about the best that we can do. If anyone knows someone who owns a hair and make-up salon near Newport, Rhode Island and want my business, send me an e-mail [email protected]. Maybe we can work out some kind of deal.
- While it's not directly financially-related I've been spending a fair amount planning ahead for Lazy Man and Money posts. I hope you'll find ideas that are more thought out (though not necessarily better). And if I have some kind of life interruption, there will be new posts lined up to publish auto-magically in my absense.
If you liked this or other articles you read here, you may also subscribe to the Lazy Man and Money feed.
Next: The Simple Dollars’ 31 Days of Finance Fixes – Day 1-3