I'm Gonna Make A Change,
For Once In My Life
It's Gonna Feel Real Good,
Gonna Make A Difference
Gonna Make It Right...
- Michael Jackson, Man in the Mirror
For those of you who visited my website this weekend, you might have come up with some "difficulties" (i.e. downtime). The issues were related to my hosting, the company that keeps everything running smoothly. It has served me well for close to 5 years now, but those days are over...
In trying to extend that relationship, things went south. I don't like to place blame on others and perhaps I was running some software that I shouldn't. I reached an impasse with my host in delivering my content quick and effectively. That analysis comes down to this... I have a lot money that I'm willing to spend each month, but I need my hosting company to prove that they can make my website's pages load "instantly." That didn't seem like it was going to be option.
This lead me to make a change. I can't you help waiting for website pages that didn't load this weekend. Instead I thought it was worthwhile to move my website to a cloud service. There are a lot out there, but I think that Amazon's was the best. So I'm running things on Amazon's EC2, probably one of the handful of people who have attempted such a thing. It is exciting unexplored territory and I'm learning a lot.
I ask that you be patient with Lazy Man and Money for the next week or two. I'm am working unlike "a Lazy Man" to get things working well
In the meantime here are the weekend links:
- Brip Blap says don’t be milton.
- Digerati Life posts 6 financial cliches that can make you rich.
- Frugal Dad explains why we crave more stuff.
- Generation X Finance asks are debit card limits on the horizon?
- Million Dollar Journey writes why a strong Loonie doesn’t mean better prices.
- Money Smart Life presents 10 ways to waste money on gas.
- My Dollar Plan has readers share tips for making lowball offers on homes.
- The Sun’s Financial Diary goes over financial lessons from Charlie Sheen.
Top PF Posts:
- The Smarter Wallet blogs become a business owner at any age.
- Free Money Finance sharessix steps to money smart kids.
- Dough Roller presents 5 most expensive board games.
- Pop Economics asks how much do you value your time?
- Financial Mentor explains how anyone can retire in 10 years (or less!).
- Tight Fisted Miser shares results from the car sleeping experiment.
- My Retirement Blog onhow to solve the retirement crisis.
- Saving to Invest with 6 things you should be doing with your 401K and individual retirement accounts.
- Len Penzo says quit sniveling: how to make lots of money doing what you hate.
- Dealerity shares 5 frugal leaps of faith worth reading about.
4 Responses to “Moving My WordPress to the Cloud… (plus Personal Finance Links)”
Next: Revisiting the Costs of Dog Ownership