It’s been a busy last few days around here. The lack of posts probably doesn’t really tell the story. Here are a few things that I’m working on:
- MLM awareness – When I was wrote about MonaVie being a scam, I really had no idea that what they were doing was common place in the world of MLMs. Many MonaVie distributors accused me of just being against anything MLM. At the time, I wasn’t. However, after reviewing something like 50 companies, I’ve found zero redeeming value in the entire industry. And this isn’t a new thing. You can go back to 25 years to this Money Magazine article and read: The Mess Called Multi-Level Marketing With celebrities setting the bait, hundreds of pyramid-style sales companies are raking in millions, often taking in the gullible. Back then they claimed: The multilevel marketing mess must be contained, if not halted. 25 years later… not much has changed. I hope to change that by exposing the MLM industry at MLM Myth.
- Earth Day Freecycle – My city had a great Earth Day Freecycle event again this year. You donate anything that you don’t want and others pick it up. Someone donated a Gringott’s “piggy” coin bank from Harry Potter. I was able to scoop that up and make my wife very happy. She’s a big Potter fan, so our child will be growing up with the stories. This buys me a little leverage to get some Buffy stuff. I’m sure this Gentlemen Bust is going to be too scary. Most importantly we cleaned up a lot of space without devoting a whole day to a yard sale.
- Best Baby Stroller Debate – While on the topic of the upcoming baby, the discussion has turned to the best baby strollers. I was a supporter of the BOB Revolution, while my wife likes the Baby Jogger City Mini. After taking them both for a test drive, I think I agree with the wife. The one hand fold is pretty amazing.
- Red Sox Bad Week – If you ever have had a bad week at work, chances are at least you didn’t have as bad a one as Bobby Valentine, manager of the Red Sox. He started of the week with saying something that construed as criticizing one of the fan favorites for his lack of effort. The team lost the next 4 games, one of them by an embarrassing 18-3 score. It lead to this quote from the Valentine, No one has tried to run me over… yet. The day that article was published the Red Sox blew a 9-0 lead in the sixth to their biggest rivals, the Yankees losing 15-9 – one of the worst losses in franchise history. The Red Sox now have a road trip. I hope Valentine got out of Boston without being run over.
- NFL Draft is Thursday – Up until then, I think my time will be split with 1/3rd going to my MLM site, 1/3rd going to this site, and 1/3rd reading about what the Patriots might do. It won’t matter, because the Patriots always do the least expected thing and it somehow works out for them.