Before I get on to the big teaser in the title, let me wish everyone a happy and healthy Fourth of July. I work with a lot of people from England, so it's an interesting dynamic for this particular holiday. As you can imagine they view it slightly differently (and much more negatively) than most Americans do. Perhaps they were just having fun with me... I couldn't tell. It's interesting, but sometimes you are trying to battle Werdna and other times you are Werdna trying to avenge a wrongful death... two sides to every story. (Bonus geek cred. points to those who understand the Werdna reference.)On a personal note, the biggest news I have my dog Jacoby. Jacoby and I have been at odds for some time. I've gone as far as saying that I'm more his chew toy than anything else. Every now and again, we work together. The other day in my nightmare we successfully survived an attack from an Octobird (don't ask). Today, with my wife's great intro and bow tie, he won the Most Handsome Dog in Foster City. As you can tell it tired him out... and he's catching up on his beauty sleep now.
Before I get to the links, I do want to mention something about Steve McNair, the 36 year old former NFL quarterback found dead today. I know that famous people have been dropping like flies lately, but I think Mr. McNair will be a smaller story. It shouldn't be. Steve McNair was always a great and classy player. More often than not he was playing with a dozen injuries... and won despite them. I sometimes wonder how the football world would have changed if not for a foot in the 2000 Super Bowl. It's unfair for me to only give him a footnote in this column - I wish I could say more... and I might in future days.
Now to the links which are a little older. I'll try to bring you to update later this week:
- Brip Blap posts when financial behavior becomes set in stone.
- Here are some car maintenance tips to help your odometer reach 300,000 miles by Frugal Dad.
- Generation X Finance answers this reader question: "I don't have much savings so can I use unused credit as an emergency fund?
- Million Dollar Journey presents budgeting simplified.
- Tim Parker guest blogs at Digerati Life with how to plan a wedding without getting stressed.
- Money Smart Life discusses money and your health.
- My Dollar Plan says student loan rates will drop to all time low.
- The Sun's Financial Diary declares "I hate IGoBanking!
More Financial Posts:
- No Credit Needed talks about breaking bad financial habits - impulse purchases.
- Free Money Finance asks should women marry for money?
- Bargaineering says be successful by learning delayed gratification.
Great Personal Finance Posts:
- One Frugal Girl asks is it wrong to return every gift on your registry?
- Smart Money Daily writes about the biggest losers in these economic times.
- Steadfast Finances says sometimes the hardest (and wisest) thing to do is to do nothing.
- Credit Card Watcher posts have credit card debt? It's time to make a deal!
- All Financial Matters asks if mortgage fraud occurred, why don't we prosecute the offenders?
- Get Rich Slick shares the most ludicrous statement on health insurance ever!
- The Bag Lady posts raise, paycut, pay freeze, or layoff? Dealing with unease in the Silicon Valley -
- Graduate Learning After College presents layoff survival guide: what to do with your 401(k).
- Funny About Money posts older houses: living better with less?
- Rich Credit Debt Loan gives a 401k Introduction on money and taxes.
- Monevator gives five reasons to buy commercial property.
6 Responses to “Links – Fourth of July & Most Handsome Dog Edition”
Next: Alternative Income Streams – July 2009