You may have noticed that I didn't mention much about politics in the last few weeks. My reasoning for this isn't that it doesn't effect your personal finances. It's just that I believe people can be financially successful in any kind political environment in the United States.
I hear a lot about one candidate's tax plan vs. another. People like to make a big deal about it. I believe that to some degree we are all going to pay similar taxes. The government needs to have it's money to run and they are going to have to get it from somewhere. You might see some candidates take more from certain people, but I don't see big differences between them.
Sometimes I wonder if Kodos said it best, "It's true, we are aliens. But what are you going to do about it? It's a two-party system; you have to vote for one of us." Anyone let's get on to the links. I just thought I'd clear that up in case you were wondering.
- Brip Blap says I know I shouldn't be happy to get laid off, but -
- Ouch! Check out this post- Money Saving Tip: Check Your Account Statements by Frugal Dad.
- Generation X Finance writes about The Social Security Administration's Windfall Elimination Provision.
- Teaching Kids about Money - Oprah Again blogs Million Dollar Journey.
- The Digerati Life asks Would You Leave Your Job During The Crisis?
- Money Smart Life looks into Worst Rewards Credit Cards - What's Hidden in the Fine Print.
- My Dollar Plan posts on 2009 Roth 401k and Roth IRA Limits
- The Sun's Financial Diary wonders if it's Time to Invest in Alternative Energy?
More Financial Posts:
- Free Money Finance asks Do You Write off Your Charitable Contributions on Your Taxes?
- 11 Sure-Fire Ways to Save on Shipping by Blueprint for Financial Prosperity.
- Are you Worried About Running Out of Money in Retirement? 5 Cent Nickel wants to know.
charitable contributions, personal finances, political environment, social security administration, windfall elimination provision... and focuses on:
One Response to “Lazy Man Politics Policy (and personal finance links)”
Next: Military: Free Applebee’s Tonight… Maybe…