[This is a guest post from my wife. I've add a couple of editor's notes here and there.]
When Lazy Man first broke the news that his employer had decided to separate ways with him, I instantaneously began the 5 stages of grief:
- Shock "“ Denial (What! You don't have a job! It can't be, this is not happening!)
- Anger (That stupid *@#$% company, no warning, @#%#% them!)
- Bargaining (Can you fight it?)
- Depression (Poor Lazy Man, Poor Energi Gal, What are we going to do?)
In less than a week, I have reached Acceptance stage and it is a nice feeling. I told Lazy Man that I wanted to write on his blog why this can be and is a good thing.
So here is Energi Gal's top ten ways that Lazy Man not working is okay with me.
- Lazy Man is home when I get home. He used to come home at 7:30pm and in an hour I was starting to fall asleep. I come home at 5:30pm and we have more time together.
- Chores are done during the week, dishes are clean, house is vacuumed
- This company paid for lunch and dinner everyday at a restaurant, Lazy Man will be losing weight have a healthier lifestyle eating wise.
- We are more conscious of our spending. We were at a bar last Sunday watching football (since we can't watch our team at home) and we watched how many 2 dollar Miller Lites and sodas we got.
- Lazy Man always told me that he felt like he didn't belong there, we went to the company picnic and honestly, I didn't like anyone there. I thought everyone was snooty (That "smart snooty", like I dress like I went to Salvation Army to buy my clothes, but I am WWWAAAAYYY smarter than you, and I will prove it to you as we have a social conversation)
- I travel on business and have a lot of vacation time with my job, now Lazy Man can come too! [Editor's note: ...but I probably won't since traveling is expensive]
- We are not destitute, I make 6 figures. I think about all the stay-at-home Moms and single parents and we don't even have kids! [Editor's note: I make a bit of alternative income as well.]
- Lazy Man can now pursue his dream to be a writer- how many people get that chance? [Editor's note: I'm not sure my dream is to be a writer. I enjoy it for now.]
- Lazy Man believes over the long term he can make more from exploring other business opportunities and blogging might just be a small part of that.
- Lazy Man is happy and that is the best reason of all!!
Lazy Man promised me that he would not get depressed and grow a long beard and sit on our couch until his butt imprint appears - and so far that has not happened, this is a day by day thing and we take it like that! Editor's note: I couldn't say it better myself.
13 Responses to “Lazy Man isn’t Working and it’s Okay – a Reflection by Energi Gal”
Next: Where Would You Put Money Now?