Update:Â I apologize, but the new theme was having problems matching up comments, posts, and titles.Â It would occasionally show mix them all up in one page.Â Functional wins over pretty, so until I can resolve the issues, I'm switching back.Â Sorry for the confusion.
To all my returning users, there's no need adjust your monitors. You are at the right place. Lazy Man and Money has a new design. I'd like to thank John Godley of Urban Giraffe for an amazing theme.
Truth be told, I had never really liked the neon green theme. When I had moved from Lazy Man and Money from Blogger to it's own domain, I had to switch themes. I did some research and it the only one that had 3-column layout with the features I had required. It's time to grow up and evolve to a more mellow green.
Besides the whole look and feel, we've added a few more gadgets to the site:
- Top Commenters - You'll find this area on the right, just under my goals. I encourage you to strive for the top of the list by being very active.
- Search - Type in a few letters and you'll get search results right away. This is one my favorite features.
- Archives - These still exist, but they don't take up a lot of real estate. You'll find the drop down on the right.
- Translate - Utilizes Google's translation to give you a rough translation of what I'm saying in another language. If you are bilingual (with one of the languages being English), I'm guessing this could be a source of a lot of humorous bad translations.
- Category Cloud - Tag and Category clouds are a new cool "in" thing. I like them because it allows me to squeeze a lot of information into a small space.
I hope you agree that this redesign is a vast improvement. Let me know by leaving me a comment.
One Response to “Lazy Man and Money Steps into Web 2.0”
Next: Money Magazine and Rental Properties