The title is a loaded question. There are pile of different ways to measure a blogs' value. For example:
- Business Opportunities says my blog is currently worth $35,001.48. If anyone wants to make an offer, I be can be reached via e-mail at lazymanandmoney [at] gmail (dot) com.
- Linkworth implies that I could earn $500-$600 a month by adding 10 links at $50-60 a piece.
- Text Link Ads' Blog Juice gives me a 3.0 rating, while their ad calculator says I can earn $160 a month.
- SeoMoz provides a measure of page strength.
- Lastly, a very common (and somewhat controversial) way to figure out how popular a blog is the Alexa rating (use the search box at the top of the page).
The last two points (along with the Blog Juice) measure popularity more than the value of a website, but I thought I'd include them as they provide valuable feedback.
5 Responses to “How Much is a Blog Worth?”
Next: Personal Finance Blogging Pet Peeves #1 (or the 10% compounding myth)