Today's guest post is from Donny Gamble, author of a personal finance blog called Personal Income. His website discusses the many topics surrounding various topics of personal finance including what to do if You Have a Thrift Savings Plan and Want to do a Rollover. My wife has a TSP and I believe the best thing to do is nothing. TSPs have the lowest expenses around.
Think you must have Donald Trump status before you get front row seats in a dinner theater. Not. You don't have to be claim relation to Sidney Poitier either. Just follow these tips and you not only save on scalper prices, but you get celebrity treatment all the way.
- Purchase tickets just before show time - Ask politely if you can purchase unclaimed Will Call tickets. If tickets are available you may not only get a great discount but front row seats, too.
- Get a table at a trendy restaurant by going after 8 p.m - If a restaurant has reserved a table for at least 25 minutes and the party doesn't show, they'll offer the table to you.
- Get a better seat on a plane by scoping out all the empty seats - If you see one you want, wait until just before the seat belts on light appears and make your move.
- Receive top-notch customer service from sales clerks by dressing nicely - Wearing your Sunday best can get you anything from higher end shopping bags (the kinds with handles) to tips on further store discounts, to coupons, to free parking.
- Create a corporate account through online car rental agencies - You'll receive free car upgrades, discounts on hotels and restaurants, and in some cases free flyer miles.
- Tip baristas well - In return you'll always receive a correct coffee order. You'll always get the freshest pastries and even be treated to free refills.
- A sincere compliment gets you more personalized attention - When you visit a barber or hair stylist; a nail technician; or have a one-on-one session with a personal trainer, you'll receive more than you pay for in time or services if you compliment the person who provides the service.
3 Responses to “Get VIP Treatment On a Slim Budget”
Next: Random Thoughts and Personal Finance Links