I’ve had a few things percolating in my head over the last week. It’s time to pour it out into the blog. Please let me know in the comments if it’s Kopi Luwak or 3-hour old sludge in the office’s coffee machine.
- Liberty Tax Service is Odd – I was surprised to see Liberty Tax Service parading people in Statue of Liberty costumes outside their tax locations. I don’t know about you, but I wouldn’t trust my taxes to a mascot. And if I were forced to go with a service with mascot, I would probably choose one with a clown over one with the Statue of Liberty. She seems like she would be biased towards Uncle Sam.
- Have a Credit Card Balance? – I could be wrong, but I think this opportunity to transfer your credit card balance to one with a 0% interest rate, is ending at the end of the month. For those of you who are unaware, that is today.
- Capital One’s 3x the Interest – I love sneaky marketing, but can we retire Capital One’s “3 times the Interest” campaign? Next to zero times three is still next to zero… plus other companies offer similar rates.
- I still love SodaStream – When I wrote my review calling SodaStream the Product of the Year, I meant it. Some wondered if I’d grow tired of making my own soda and stick with it. It really isn’t that much work, probably about 30 seconds worth once a day – well worth it.
- True Lemon/Lime/Orange – This year’s early contender for product of the year is True Lemon/Lime/Orange. As one example, True Lime could revolutionize Corona drinking everywhere. I had to update my review of the SodaStream above to include the better pricing I found on True Lemon.