While my wife is out of town, I have a little opportunity to get a few things from the Christmas list. So while I'm out running around instead of writing new, interesting articles for you, why not completely cop out? Here are a couple of gift guides from the last couple of years:
- Lazy Man's Gift Guide 2009 - I still love the Plano shelving from Wal-Mart. It practically lines my whole garage now. The only thing that tops it were the BAGGU Reusable Shopping Tote - 6-Pack, but they seem to be much more expensive this year.
- 15 Products that save Time, Money, and Space - Though the list is a little dated, some of the products on there are ones we still use every day.
If I were to recommend one product this year, I'd make it Dungeons & Dragons: The Complete Animated Series. Clearly, a cartoon from my childhood isn't for everyone. However, for under $7.50 the 9 hours of entertainment of all 27 episodes can't be beat. There are some two types of shows from my childhood, those stand on their own today and those that, well fit the "what was I thinking?" mold (Dukes of Hazard and Knight Rider come to mind). This cartoon is still amazing today. In re-watching them recently, I realized that the characters set it apart... they matured throughout the show. The other thing it had was a continuity to it, much like you would see on How I Met Your Mother or a similar show. I'm sure the D&D theme may scare some away, but it wasn't really about that so much as a bunch of lost kids trying to find a way in a crazy world and putting others ahead of themselves.
Okay, time to stop gushing now and bring out the links:
- Brip Blap presents 10 tax deductions you don't want to overlook.
- Digerati Life on building a better blog & bootstrapping an online business.
- Frugal Dad with holiday safety tips for home and away.
- Generation X Finance talks about five year-end financial moves for a better New Year.
- Million Dollar Journey goes over how RRSP withdrawals work.
- Money Smart Life posts IRA contribution limits.
- My Dollar Plan shares the most expensive Christmas gift ideas you don't want to miss.
- The Sun's Financial Diary discusses why you should not get married (financial speaking).
Top PF Posts:
- Free Money Finance talks about when a money-saving item ends up costing you.
- The Smarter Wallet posts major credit card mistakes to avoid.
- Saving Advice presents ten financial films worth watching available from Netflix.
- One Million and Beyond shares 4 ways to save on gifts this Christmas.
- PF Stock asks how does my income compare?
- Saving Money Today blogs about 7 things you shouldn't purchase until after the holidays.
- Fine Tuned Finances goes over ridiculously priced products that we continue to buy.
- Christian PF with 6 strategies for improving your finances.
- Pop Economics on using the "small wins" strategy to achieve big goals.
- Kiplinger goes over some of the best values in private colleges.
One Response to “Finishing with Last Minute Shopping (and Personal Finance Links)”
Next: Safeway Gift Card Giveaways: Who Wants Some Free Groceries?