Some things that have been going through my mind lately…
- I wonder how readers will react to a whole post of random thoughts. Perhaps they’ll let me know with a comments.
- I have about 18 design changes and features that I’d like to implement on Lazy Man and Money – if I had the time.
- I should write a whole lot more for Lazy Man and Health. It has so much potential, but my time management just isn’t where it needs to be.
- I’ve been at my job for a year now. I expected to get some kind of recognition, but thus far there’s been nothing. I expected at least an inflation-level raise considering how hot the software engineer market is in Silicon Valley.
- My current job has two of the best perks I’ve heard of… free lunch and dinner, and a monthly cash bonus for living close to the office.
- Google contacted me about working for them this week. Things just got interesting.
- I inherited $131 from a very distant relative who I’ve never met. Who says life isn’t like Monopoly?
- We’ve been thinking about getting a dog. I’m thinking it might be a good Christmas present to ourselves. I should read Free Money Finance about pet costs.
- Speaking of pets, Brip Blap indirectly reminded me how much I want a Sony Aibo. I’ll keep an eye out for an exceptional bargain on one – and then I’ll probably pass on it.
- My mother-in-law sent my wife a list of baby names this week. I guess that’s a not so subtle hint that she wants to be a grandmother.
- My wife and I are having an extremely difficult time figuring out where in the United States we should live. There are so many thoughts going through each of our minds that I could blog about it all next week – and I just might.
- Red Sox pulled out a strong first game of the playoffs. The Yankees lost big. Life is good.
- My wife is going to the game in Anaheim on Sunday. If the Red Sox win today, I’m sending a broom with her.
- The Patriots continue to break records. There’s too much talk of going undefeated. It’s good to know that they eat humble pie. They still have won 21 games in a row before so maybe going undefeated isn’t impossible.
- Sunday is a huge day in Boston sports with a playoff baseball game and a football game. It would be nice to diversify the game on a couple of days. If things go bad, I could be catatonic on Sunday night.
- I love the Old Navy Sweater jingle. Check out the full version of the song on YouTube.