Since the rest of the world seems to think that Tim Tebow controls the universe, today's things I think are all Tebow related. Perhaps that's because I watched about 4 hours of Tebow coverage on ESPN, CBS, and the NFL Network. Thanks to my new media center for being able to record three programs at a time.
- Why the whole article about Tim Tebow? - As Chris Berman on ESPN Sunday NFL Countdown said (paraphrased), "I didn't realize the Super Bowl was being played today."
- Tim Tebow transcends football (part 1) - Saturday Night Live had a skit on Tim Tebow last night. That's mainstream - not sports stuff. It is hilarious! Give it a watch here. Reporters from Japan came to New England to cover Tim Tebow's opponent, the Patriots, this week.
- Tim Tebow transcends football (part 2) - My wife is looking forward to watching a football game. In other words, Berman is right, it must be the Super Bowl.
- It's Gronk's world and we are just living in it - While the football world is going crazy about Tebow, they are missing out on Rob Gronkowski - who is actually performing at a much, much higher level than Tebow. Short of Aaron Rodgers, he might be having the best season at his position than anyone in the game. This highlight shows it all.
- If the Denver Broncos win this "Super Bowl" (part 1) - Of course the media will go crazy - it already has - if the Broncos, and Tebow, find a way to beat one of the top teams in the Patriots.
- If the Denver Broncos win this "Super Bowl" (part 2) - Hopefully someone in the media will be a voice of reason and point out that the Patriots defense this season make any opposing quarterback look like Tom Brady.
- What else is there to talk about in the NFL? - The Packers undefeated run aside, the NFL seems to lack compelling matchups this year. For example, because San Francisco and Oakland play afternoon games, the early game out here in Silicon Valley is the 2-11 Rams and the 7-6 Bengals. Typically with no local connection the affiliate will play the "best" matchup. It is telling when they decide that is one team that has been terrible and another than has been free-fall for awhile.
- Final Thought on Tim Tebow - Tim Tebow to me is like a Kordell Stewart with charisma and super religion. Kordell Stewart was good enough to win with a good defense, and that's what Denver's defense has looked like. (Important Note: the Broncos haven't played far below average offenses until this Patriots game since the Tebow run.) The other big difference between Kordell and Tebow is that Tebow tends not to make turn the ball over. The Broncos are going to need that today.
Personal Finance Links:
- Digerati Life asks should you get dental insurance? Options for dental coverage.
- My Dollar Plan posts gift card alternatives: the art of buying actual gifts.
- Generation X Finance talks about how to keep your job with high unemployment rates.
- Million Dollar Journey posts tax considerations for self-employed people.
- Free From Broke gives tips for holiday tipping.
- My Journey to Millions on why Corey doesn’t want to become a millionaire.
- Finance For Youth on bullies: how learning to deal can help you financially.
- Scott on MONEY offers up three ways to secure a second income.
- DINKS Finance with how to talk about money with your spouse.
- Mighty Bargain Hunter says a $75 fire service subscription fee is a bargain.
8 Responses to “Eight Things I Think (and Personal Finance Links)”
Next: Save Money with a HARP-Refinance on an Investment Property with PMI