Let's all do some brainstorming. Since many minds are better one (especially if that one is mine), I'm asking you to leave your best frugal valentine tip in the comments. If helping out your fellow man isn't enough incentive, I'm going to give out a $20 gift certificate to Ebay or Amazon (winner's choice) to two winners.
In the interest of equality, let's not leave the women out. We want to hear the frugal ideas you have planned for your guy. Though us men love to give, we don't mind being on the receiving end every now and again.
And everyone, please remember this is a family-friendly website, not the Newlywed Show. I recognize that whoopie is frugal, so let's just agree, and move on to other tips.
- How to enter
- Leave a comment of your best Valentine's Day tip - If it's a tip that takes weeks to implement, you will get one entry. Unfortunately we don't have weeks, but it's good to get a head-start on next year. If it's a tip that can be executed in the last 5 business days of Valentine's Day, I'll give you two entries. If I judge the idea to be of marginal help (see the "how not to enter" below), I may award no entries.
- Write about this contest - If you write about this contest on your blog and link to this page, you get three entries. Make sure you contact me for credit.
- How NOT to enter - Write about your plan to take your significant other to KFC because you saw their "KFC has chicken and corn" commercial. (Random Aside: Can we agree that the jingle might be one of the worst ever. Is there anyone who doesn't know that KFC has chicken and corn? It doesn't cover either of KFC's two best sides - mashed potatoes and biscuits. It's an epic fail.)
- Winners will be picked at random - This is why you'll want to earn all the entries you can get.
- Three comments per person please - I don't want to have one person take up all the good, easy ideas, but I want to encourage people to share multiple good ideas if they have them. (And I realize this goes against the concept of "Best" frugal Valentine's Day Tip as you can't have two bests.)
- Leave a valid email address if you want a prize - I can't give you an award, if I don't know how to reach you.
- Contest ends Monday, February 9th (11:59PM PT) - Everyone has to have time to implement the tips.
- As usual, I forget things - I almost always forget some detail. I came very close to publishing this without a date of when the contest ends. I'm new at offering contests. Please bare with me if I while I learn, so I can get better at sharing money with readers
So hit me up with some good ideas.
Photo Credit: aussiegall
41 Responses to “Win $20 on Ebay or Amazon By Giving Your Best Frugal Valentine’s Day Tip (2 Prizes)”
Next: Financial Football Teaches Students about Personal Finance