Last Sunday, the Red Sox lost game seven of the American League Championship Series. I remember thinking, the worst part is that my sports experience over the next 6 months will be watching Matt Cassel. The Patriots had just gotten destroyed by San Diego ad the injuries were starting to pile up on the team.
How quickly things can change! The next day Matt Cassel and a great defense destroyed the Broncos (Cassel won AFC Offensive Play of the Week in the process). This week Cassel followed it up with a great performance in another win (the stats won't tell the story, as his receivers caused the interceptions and dropped what should have been touchdown passes).
New England is in for an unusual winter. Whether they win or lose it will be one of the most interesting football seasons in years.
Now on to the weekend links:
- Brip Blap talks about minding the little things.
- Check out frighteningly frugal homemade Halloween costume ideas over at Frugal Dad.
- What are the different types of insurance and how can they help you? asks The Sun's Financial Diary.
- Generation X Finance is using CD Ladders to save wisely.
- Million Dollar Journey looks at holding corporations: what are they and are they for me?
- Despite a recession, the U.S. economy isn't as bad as you think says Digerati Life.
- Learn how to save money with mobile coupons writes Money Smart Life.
- Do you report all your income? My Dollar Plan asks.
- Blueprint for Financial Prosperity asks how much is that in minimum wage hours?
- When your company stops matching your 401(k) contribution writes Consumer Commentary.
- Free Money Finance says privatization could fix social security.
2 Responses to “Cassel Does Not Stand on Pillars of Sand (and weekend links)”
Next: Five Questions I Ask Myself Before Making a Purchase