It's been a busy last few four days for me. I haven't been able to be nearly as Lazy as I'd like.
On Wednesday night, I went to a crab feed with my friend, best known on the online world as author of RateLadder. It was the first time I've eaten crab (I'm not big on the shellfish). I didn't die and we even won a Cuisinart juicer. Thursday morning the same friend called me up and asked me if I wanted to do some work at a company he's contracting for. In about an hour, I was there contracting. It looks like I'll still be there through Monday, but it's open as to how much longer after that.
On Friday night, I meet up with SVB from The Digerati Life who lives a couple of towns away and Jim from Bargaineering, who happened to be in town, for dinner. My wife and SVB happened to get along famously as they found they have a fair amount in common. Later that night, we found that we also share a love for Settlers of Catan.
During the day on Saturday and Sunday I've been working on writing. Though Saturday night we took a break to go to one of my favorite restaurants Maverick. We had a great bottle of Summerer wine (I think I'm becoming a bit of a wine snob) with what my wife and I agreed was the best chicken we ever had - by far.
The biggest disappointment of the weekend was Dollhouse - the new Fox show on Friday night that I had high hopes for. Maybe a lot of the Buffy magic was in Marti Nixon, but I haven't seen the witty dialogue that made Buffy great.
- Brip Blap discusses the importance of the appearance of competence.
- Paying off credit card debt in ten simple steps says Frugal Dad.
- Save yourself hassle, time, and money by looking into one of Generation X Finance's 8 FREE online virus and spyware scanners.
- Learn how to get free HDTV (in Canada) at Million Dollar Journey.
- Digerati Life asks stress at work getting you down? Learn how to manage job burnout.
- Money Smart Life offers this advice for job searching; find a job by building your personal brand.
- My Dollar Plan asks what's your exit strategy?
- Learn how to use STOPS effectively to profit and preserve your capital over at the Sun's Financial Diary.
More Financial Posts:
- Mighty Bargain Hunter advises readers tounderstand your health and dental insurance coverage.
- You can Make Money by Blogging says Free Money Finance.
- Here are ten tips for successful meal planning by Bargaineering.
4 Responses to “Busy Week at Lazy Man HQ (and some Personal Finance Links)”
Next: Save Money on Hotels