In the next couple of hours, my Sitemeter visitor tracking will show that I'll have my 500,000 visitor to Lazy Man and Money. Google Analytics shows there have been visitors from 197 countries - many that I've never heard of. Sadly, unlike the guy in the Bud Dry commercial, the Congo is one of the few places I haven't been. If you know someone who regularly hangs out in the Congo, I would appreciate it if you could e-mail them one of my articles :-). (Correction: My wife's brilliant geographical knowledge just informed me that there are two Congos. I have been to Congo - Brazzaville, but not Congo - Kinshasa.)
I remember reflecting what it felt like to have 10,000 visitors. I pictured one-third of Fenway park all going to my website at once. I was expecting and audience similar in size to those who write about their cats, but was surprised by that level of success.Â To picture such an amount astounded me.
A little over a year ago, you gave me a great wedding gift - 100,000 visitors. That's three Fenway parks filled.Â At that level, I started to wonder if a person I see walking down the street has read my site (not really a likely).
Approaching the 500,000 mark, perhaps I've out-grown the Fenway park analogy. Then again, it seems like they are adding new seats every year. Why give up tradition? I currently have the traffic of a 15-game homestand. Maybe next year, I'll be able to say that I have a whole season of fans. Why not? I'm a lot a cheaper, right?
The other interesting thing to note, is that whenever I'm close to a bench mark, I seem to be on some kind of trip. The first time, my wife and I took a long weekend up in Napa. The second time, I was getting married. This came a little early, but I'll be heading to Thailand and Australia at the end of the week. If there's something I learned by all this, I need to go on more trips :-).
Here are a few links - probably the last I'll do until late September:
- Digerati Life offers investment management tips to help you stay the course with your portfolio.
- Two-thirds of corporations don't pay taxes - nothing more than political hogwash says Generation X Finance!
- The Sun's Financial Diary laments boy, was I wrong on FRE!
- In a series of six posts in one day, Brip Blap writes the perils of saving.
- Money Smart Life posts twice on money and marriage. Don't miss this one-- how to save money on a destination wedding!
- Million Dollar Journey has a guest writer this week, Cara, who writes on the psychology of money.
- Did you get your RME card in the mail? My Dollar Plan did and talks about how to get the additional $15 bonus from Revolution Money Exchange.
- Mighty Bargain Hunter talks about losing free web services in a recession
- Free Money Finance lists 11 More Great Ways to Earn More Money.
- Developing Strategies To Remain Debt Free - Strategy 1 In The Series by NCN is about staying debt free once you get there.
9 Responses to “Are You Going to be Lazy Man and Money’s 500,000th Visitor?”
Next: Going Back to School? Here Are Some Tips That Helped Me