Those of you who visited my site this Thursday may have been disappointed to find my site unavailable. Well, Amazon had a huge outage for it's hosting services. Just a month ago I moved to using Amazon. As usual, I have the worst timing.
I received a follow-up email from One24's lawyers regarding their threat to sue me for defamation. It was a little unusual. In it, it made the assumption that I "know" One24 is not a pyramid scheme and that I'm trying to hurt their business for my own gain. It's as if they didn't read the article. It consisted of extensive evidence from the FTC explaining how MLMs in some cases can be pyramid schemes along with analysis of how One24 fits these FTC guidelines. I think it's clearly a scare tactic and will treat it as such. I did offer to correct my article if they point out any specific statements that have been proven to be false. I am a reasonable person trying to educate consumers. Read my One24 article here.
I saw Easy A on DVD with the wife the other night. I had seen it in the theater and liked it just as much on DVD. One part that I found particularly interesting was how Emma Stone's character, Olive, received a greeting card that plays Natasha Bedingfield's Pocketful Of Sunshine. She makes a face like, "What a horrible song!" when she firsts opens it. However, over the weekend she's fallen in love with it, singing along. I'm living this in real life with Katy Perry's Firework. I mean it has some of the most imperfect rhymes imaginable and yet, it has wormed its way into my head.
The Boston Red Sox started off the season 2-10 - a shocking start for a team that 42 of 45 ESPN analysts predicted would win the World Series. This put more of a damper on the month for me than getting my taxes done. However, they've won 7 of their last 8 games behind incredible starting pitching. In addition the Boston Celtics have started the series 3-0 against the Knicks. As I type this both teams are playing and leading in the stages of their game today. Both teams have really ignited that light and let it shine. You can watch a game without going "Oh, oh, oh" at their colors bursting.
Enough with the off-topic stuff, here are some personal finance articles from the last week.
- Brip Blap on chinese water torture.
- Digerati Life explains what to do when you’ve got too much debt.
- Frugal Dad asks anyone planning to downsize car because of gas prices?
- Generation X Finance explains how to keep eating well on a budget.
- Million Dollar Journey posts children and capital gain in cottage country.
- Money Smart Life presents 12 steps to improve your credit score.
- My Dollar Plan blogs about eliminating preexisting conditions in health insurance.
- The Sun’s Financial Diary says seek wise counsel to save.
Top PF Posts:
- The Smarter Wallet discusses the negative effects of social media on your job.
- My Journey to Millions writes be careful when picking a mutual fund based on its name.
- Free Money Finance goes over how to decide whether to drive or fly.
- Get Rich Slowly talks rebalancing your investment portfolio.
- Money Ning shares how you can get your concert tickets for a steal.
- Simple Dollar on financial stress and how to plan against it.
- Scott on MONEY posts how to get a loan following bankruptcy.
- Mighty Bargain Hunter shares two keys to spending financial windfalls wisely.
- Money Crush says successful people are in it for the long haul.
- Saving Advice shares the truth about Extreme Couponing.
- Not Made of Money gives three tips to maximize your retirement plan.
- Budgets Are Sexy asks should only poor people shop at thrift stores?
6 Responses to “Amazon Outage, One24 Legal, Boston Sports get an Easy A”
Next: Body Shop Groupon + Mother’s Day = Financial Win