For those of you who don't follow my Twitter feed (and I don't blame you since I don't Tweet often), you may have missed my interview at The Casual Observer earlier this week. I took a light-hearted, fun approach to it, so if you are the kind of person who likes fun, you should check it out. (Is it just me or did that come out like a bad line from a personal ad?) In the interview, I mentioned my long negotiations with the wife to get a hammock, so I can reach my full Lazy potential. It's with much pleasure that I woke up this morning to find that Amazon has joined my side of the fight by putting this green rope hammock on sale. It's even in green, the color of this website. Will I finally live in hammock blissfulness? The world may never know.
Here are some other interesting items from the Amazon Friday Sale:
- Pike Street 3 in 1 Softie Wrap/Throw - Holy switched advertising Batman. I was going to make fun of this product because the image makes it looks like you are getting your Monk on:
When you click through to buy (you may have to scroll to the chocolate color, it went right there for me before), they tempt you with a hot babe on a bed showing some serious leg. Monks everywhere must be disappointed.
- I Am Not a Paper Cup - I love this marketing plan. Let's just list all the things it's not... I am not a hammer... I am not underwear... I am not the thing your aunt gave that you don't know what it is... Bonus geek cred to any reader who gets that last reference.
- Calculator Paper Rolls, 2.25 Inches x 150 Feet, White, 100/Carton - The two people left in the world that still use calculators with paper could probably split this box of 100 rolls and have enough for 10 lifetimes... I suppose that's why they are 60% off.
- American Innovative Neverlate Executive Alarm Clock - I'm a sucker for anything with "innovative" in the product name. They wouldn't lie right? However, add in "American" in the product name and you had me at "hello." These guys just got greedy by adding executing and promising you'd never be late again. It just ruined it for me. They should learn to quit while they are ahead.
- Collapsible Pet Feeder - I love anything collapsible. We have collapsible colanders, food storage containers, funnels, pretty much anything you can think of. However, this is the first time I've seen a pet dish that does this. It looks a little flimsy for Jacoby, so I'll pass.
- Track'r Pet Bicycle Trailer - The wife is looking to start bicycling for exercise. Extra exercise and getting Jacoby some fresh air? Sounds like a win-win. However, it doesn't sound as much as a win-win as jogging with him so that he gets exercise too. He'll also outgrow this quickly so we'd have to step up to the large.
9 Responses to “Amazon Friday Sale – “Hammock Finally?” Edition”
Next: Bloggers: Exclusive, Limited-Time Offer to Save Big on The Blog Traffic Exchange