As many of my regular readers know by now, every Friday Amazon has a sale. Usually it's a good place to pick up some highly discounted kitchenware. In fact, about half my kitchen was bought from the Amazon Friday Sale. Every week, I hope Amazon puts on a new or unusual product, because, let's face it, reading about a sale on drinking glasses isn't that entertaining. As always, deals are for today only, so attack the deals quickly before they are gone.
I didn't spot anything too unique. Check out the Ninja Star Knives below! However, I also thought the sale on a particular mattress warranted a post. Then I found a couple of other items that I thought might be worth talking a bit about.
- 10 inch Memory Foam Mattress (all sizes) - Memory foam mattresses aren't cheap. If you go with the Tempur-Pedic brandname be prepared to drop some decent cash. The Queen size version of this mattress is usually $1200, but it's on sale for $339... with free shipping. That's a savings of 72% off. If you go for the twin it's only $250 a savings of 75% off. The king size will cost you $550, but that's still cheap considering. The mattress comes well-reviewed receiving and average of 4.5 stars out of 5 from 25 customers. In my mind, there are great deals and then there's something like this that takes it to the next level.
- Legnoart Ninja Star Knives - I have always wondered what my kitchen was missing and now I've found it. This product isn't really called Ninja Star Knives, but that's what I'm calling it. I know ninja stars are supposed to be flat, but why deal with two-dimensional weapons when you hurl a three dimensional star of pain at your enemies. Little Billy will quickly learn not to spoil his dinner with cookies with this around.
- Calphalon Commercial Hard Anodized 12-Quart Stockpot - We have one of these stockpots for when we make our own beer. Ours might be a little bigger than 12 quarts, but I'd be surprised if it's that much bigger. I believe ours was $30 for cheaply made stainless steel version. Spending an extra $16 for a name-brand quality one like this seems like a no-brainer. With 130 customers giving it an average review of 4.5 stars out of 5, the odds are good you are going to be happy with the purchase.
- Cloer Electric 57-Ounce Cordless Water Kettle - We have an ordinary looking aluminum one of these and use it quite often. This is one of those times, that I have to fight the urge to buy something I don't need because it looks so damn cool! Amazon is helping me out greatly by only discounting 10%. If it was 50%, I might be in deep trouble.
- Blue Rhino SkeeterVac Mosquito Eliminator - I point out this product, because I wanted one back when I lived in Boston. However, Amazon is giving you less than 10% which just isn't that good for a Friday Sale item. Amazon you can do better.
- Space Bag Vacuum-Seal Storage Bags, Extra Large, Set of 2 - This is another quality product. It's well worth the money to reclaim some space. However, at a Friday Sale savings of $1.00 (or 7%), it's as if Amazon is driving me to go look on Ebay for a better deal.
2 Responses to “Amazon Friday Sale (Awesome Queen Mattress Sale Edition)”
Next: Personal Finance Links (Dallas Advice, Anyone?)