I’m a little later than usual reporting my alternative income. Why? While I’d like to say it took my accountant a long time to count the millions, I can’t. I have no good excuse, other than being extra Lazy. This past month I focused on a few things:
- Getting back to writing general personal finance posts – I went into budgeting a lot more than I usual do. I still have a few articles left on the topic, but they are still in the editing room. Hopefully, I can get them out early next week
- Building a foundation to start full-time blogging again – With my contract ending soon, it’s time to take care of all the loose ends and whittle down that to-do list, now. I have a pile of to-dos for this blog.
- Being Myself – I’ve been heavily, heavily considering a new blog branded with my real name. I would give up my anonymity here except that I don’t want my real name to be synonymous with “lazy”… and there are probably about 200,000 MonaVie distributors who have a bounty on my head because I asked for evidence that their juice is worth $40 a bottle.
- Obsessively watching How To Fix – I have to stop refreshing stats and tell myself that the traffic there is insignificant until it is at least 1/3 (more likely half) the Lazy Man and Money traffic.
- Adding new writers – I’ve been adding writers from Elance.com for side projects (like How To Fix). Unfortunately, they were backed-up for much of the month, which makes it difficult to really expand this month, but next month is looking good.
From a financial perspective, I made $1,711.44 after taxes in August. For the billionth month in a row, it didn’t go up. It’s not that surprising since my full-time job and taking care of the 9 month old puppy has left me with an hour or so. When I have that hour, I tend to lean towards online news and entertainment rather than focusing on the drive to make more money.
I should add that (if all goes to schedule) tomorrow will be a blog announcement and on Friday, I will try something new as I write a post to one person and let you eavesdrop.
Next month’s report is likely going to be a few days late as well as I have a vacation and a wedding at the beginning of the month.